The importance of the appearance of eyes on facial aesthetics has long been recognized and recently attracted increasing attention. With her intimate knowledge of ocular and upper facial anatomy, Dr. Chou has an instinctive appreciation of facial aesthetics. Her interest in enhancing patients’ appearance has grown over time, from the eyelids to the surrounding facial structures. Today, with new products and a growing understanding of facial anatomy, the entire face has become the realm of ophthalmologists, such as Dr. Chou, in aesthetics. Besides her medical degree and Medical Board Certification, Dr. Chou also has vast training and knowledge in medical research. She has many publications in leading medical journals.She obtained a Ph.D in Physiology from the University Of Michigan School Of Medicine to study and research how a normal body, organ or tissue development, growth and aging. This background has given her a big advantage to design and customize rejuvenation therapies to her clients. She has an impressive array of procedures and products to correct or improve eye and facial asymmetries, address functional issues such as ptosis (droopy or hanging eye lids) and restore a youthful appearance to an aging face.
The Medi-Spa at AVEC is a physician-supervised and physician-operated medical spa, teamed with the certified and licensed Master Esthetician. It offers non-surgical treatment to delay or eliminate the needs for cosmetic surgery, as well as to prolong and maintain the cosmetic results after cosmetic surgeries. All the lasers and radiofrequency equipments are FDA approved for medical use specialized on eyes and faces. All Botox and fillers are provided by FDA approved US company, Allergen.
Dr. Chou is a strong believer of natural beauty, prevention and rejuvenation prior to surgical intervention. She employs multi-modality methods to make you look the best at all ages. Overall facial harmony is the key to a natural-looking result—and a thorough, meticulous facial exam is where it all begins at AVEC.
Aesthetic Services Include:
- 3-D eye and face analysis: to study the atrophy and asymmetry
- Reveal Skin Analysis: analyze the quality of skin, subcutaneous collagen condition, skin sun damage and pigmentation.
Skin Aging Prevention and Rejuvenation:
- Skin care products: clinically proven medical-grade skin care products leading pharmaceutical companies with Rx only to physicians in Aesthetics. They are effective, comfortable and generate results.
- Skin chemical peels with different concentrations: to remove the dead tissue, rejuvenate skin and treating fine wrinkles.
- Erbium:Yag laser: for pain-free superficial skin resurfacing and laser skin peel
Anti-aging and Rejuvenation by Collagen Stimulation:
- Pelleve Radiofrequency Treatment: pain-free skin tightening, wrinkle removal and lifting.
- Fractional CO2 skin rejuvenation: treating wrinkle, scar and pigmentation.
Anti-aging Sculpture and Contouring:
- Filler facial sculpture and contouring: to repair the atrophic changes due to aging by using appropriate filler to lift facial structure and chemoflage .
- Fractional CO2 skin rejuvenation: treating wrinkle, scar and pigmentation. > View Before and After Photos
- Botox injection: remove wrinkles, lifting aging tissue and structure.
Surgical Aesthetic Procedures:
- Laser, no blade, Blepharoplasty: remove sagging skin and lids, remove the bags and lift the lids and brow.
- No pain vein removal.
- Surgical Blepharoplasty: remove sagging skin and lids, remove the bags and lift the lids and brow.
Lash Health and Rejuvenation:
- BlephEx procedure: remove plaques at the root of the lash and glands around to stimulate its growth.
- Ophthalmic lash shampoo: remove plaques at the root of the lash and glands around to stimulate its growth.
- Lattise: Rx to stimulate lash growth by increase its length, thickness/volume, and color.